Have you taken the time to sit down and think about what you believe regarding scripture, God’s kingdom, personal holiness, relationships, evangelism, discipleship and prayer? Do you have a set of core values that you live by? Look at the following statements and ask yourself “what do I believe?” These can define your relationship with God.
- I believe the Bible to be the only true and inspired Word of God. I am committed to participating with others in the careful study of God’s Word in small groups, seminars, and mentoring relationships.
- I believe in the importance of a Biblical worldview. I am committed to working with other believers develop a Biblical worldview and to lovingly and intelligently articulate that worldview to our post-modern culture.
- I believe in the supremacy of God, the enthroned King of the universe. I am committed to worship God as my sovereign Lord.
- I believe in the surpassing worth of God’s kingdom. I am committed to advancing the interests of God’s kingdom in my own community and in our world.
- I believe God has called us to walk worthy as kingdom citizens. I am committed to living in humble trust in God, open integrity before God, and thorough obedience to God.
- I believe in responsible stewardship. I am committed to being a faithful steward of my personal resources and the ministry resources entrusted to me.
- I believe all people matter to God. I am committed to valuing people above things.
- I believe that people are looking for friends. I am committed to loving and accepting others God’s way.
- I believe Jesus Christ to be the only solution to the questions of life. I am committed to helping others enter into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ and growing in that relationship.
- I believe that the well-being of the people of my community and our world matters to God. I am committed to promoting justice, caring for the poor, disadvantaged, and hurting, and acting as a change agent concerning injustice in my community and in our world.
- I believe in spiritual growth. I am committed to leading others to know God deeply and to live a life immersed in His will.
- I believe it is a privilege to serve God. I am committed to serve in areas of my giftedness, passion, abilities, personality, and experience and will endeavour to help others serve in the right place for the right reason at the right time.
- I believe prayer is essential to developing intimacy with God. I am committed to the priority of prayer in my personal life and to enjoying the presence of God.
- I believe in the importance of prayer. I am committed to seeking God’s direction in all things pertaining to life.
To help you in forming good habits, this month we have been sending out a list with different variation of God’s names which we encouraged you to pray through, we want you to continue in prayer as we cover more of God’s names through the bible. From October 24 to 31 the prayers will continue to be posted daily on FACEBOOK, however for those who are not on FACEBOOK, you can go to the MCF Praying through God Names webpage and follow along as prayers are posted every week. The idea would be to read the description, reflect on it and then offer the prayer. Hopefully, you will keep God’s name and meaning in your mind all day and as you go about your life, God may reveal Himself to you using that trait.