In our world of competing faiths, conflicting theories, and contentious politics, many have become confused in their search for the truth. There seem to be more gray areas than absolute rights and wrongs. Some good people hold convictions different from our own, and some people with impeccable spiritual credentials have disillusioned us with their lives. Overall, many are less sure of things than they once were.
So, we must go to God humbly and acknowledge our role as seekers. We must not be disheartened because we know He walks with us. We must not be discouraged, as we can find excitement and satisfaction in our journey. We must not despair because we know that God accepts us even in our weakness. In a world of anger and hatred, we need to make peace. We need to seek to help those who are less privileged. We need to seek the healing of the sick, rehabilitation of prisoners, and the freedom of those who suffer from addiction. We need to go into Life’s Race and bring the Good News.
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:1–2 NIV).
“You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.” (Luke 12:40 NIV).
- We prepare for His coming when we repent and renounce sin (2 Peter 3:9).
- Repentance must be accompanied by faith (Acts 16:31).
- The Christian must commit his Life to Christ which requires total dedication (Rom. 12:1).
“Set our minds on things above, not on earthly things” (Colossians 3:2 NIV).
- We will become established in the faith by setting our love on spiritual things (Col. 2:7).
- By praying, meditating on God’s Word, and faithfully attending church, we become rooted and grounded in the faith.
- We need dedication and determination to be holy (set aside) for God.
“I will go in the strength of the Lord God” (Ps. 71:16a NKJV).
- We must go into the world taking the Gospel, not in our strength but in the power God gives.
- We must go into the world in prayer. The power and influence of prayer can reach across the globe.
- We must go into the world in person. We must call, invite, and witness for the Lord to win Life’s Race.
- We must go into the world until the race is finished. If you are not DEAD, then you are not DONE. There is no stopping place on this side of heaven (2 Tim. 4:7–8).