He lived with the authority of the One who wrote the book.
Surrounding most military facilities is fencing with signage stating, “No trespassing by order of the MND.” Most who would want to enter the property would not know the meaning of MND nor the name of the current Ministers of National Defence.
Yet, they accept the warning not to trespass as being authorized by someone in authority. When we read about Jesus in the Gospels, do we accept His ministry as being done by someone of authority? When we end our prayers “in Jesus’ name”, do we do so because we acknowledge Jesus as someone of authority? Throughout his ministry, Jesus did not just affirm and endorse the words of Scripture; he talked and acted like he had authored the Scriptures. He lived with the authority of the One who wrote the book. Below are a few verses referring to his authority, which may enhance your understanding and acceptance of His power.
1. JESUS HAD THE AUTHORITY TO LAY DOWN HIS LIFE – John 10:17–18.
2. JESUS HAD THE AUTHORITY TO FORGIVE SINS – Matt. 9:6–8
3. JESUS HAD AUTHORITY OVER DEMONS – Mark 1:27
4. JESUS HAD AUTHORITY OVER SICKNESS – Mark 3:13–15
5. JESUS HAD AUTHORITY TO JUDGE – John 5:27
6. JESUS HAD AUTHORITY OVER ALL MEN – John 17:2
7. JESUS HAD AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND EARTH – Matt. 28:18.